Friday, January 29, 2010

2009 highlights...September...continued




Margaret has been busy getting us ready for our trip out west to see Uncle Harold and family. Aunt Kate, Margaret and myself have been planning a trip to see Uncle Harold and family for two or three months now and the time is finally here. Aunt Kate made arrangements with Michele and P A for Piper and Fletcher. Margaret and I keep our bags packed so we are ready to go. We headed to Nashville on the 22nd to meet up with Aunt Kate. We had decided to turn in early because we had an early flight the next day. Sheila took us to the airport and we arrived in Tucson in the afternoon. Sonny picked us up at the airport and the royal treatment started. We do have an awesome family. I do not believe we have ever been anywhere and been made to feel more welcome. The trip would have been perfect if Sonny had not spoiled Aunt Kate so much, it was disgusting to watch him. I am so glad James and I were not involved.

We did have a great visit and I feel like I gained 10 pounds with Mary's cooking. James and Linda as well as Peter and Carolyn came and Uncle Harold taught us how to work puzzles the right way, we had a blast.

As amazing as it is Uncle Harold knew many of Margret's relatives. He had been hunting with her father and some of her brothers. I think he may have bought some "shine" from her granddad many many years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment